If you've lost your AirPods, don't panic. It's actually very easy to find them. The AirPods case might be nearby and you're just trying to find where you left it last. Even if you accidentally drop an AirPod under the couch, you can find it easily.
If you don't remember where you put your AirPods - all your AirPods in the case - do the following:
- Launch the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Device tab.
- Tap on your AirPods to select them.
On the map, you'll see the last known location where they connected to your iPhone. By doing this, you can check to see if they’re pulling an all-nighter at work or if you left them in the taxi.
Find your AirPods without an iPhone
You can find your AirPods even if your iPhone is dead or not around at the moment.
- Open a web browser and go to www.icloud.com.
- Log in with your iCloud username and password.
- Press the Find iPhone button.
- Click the All Devices drop-down menu on top to select your AirPods.
Make them ring
The ringing of your AirPods can help you find them if they are nearby. Remember how we used to say "Ugh I wish I could call my keys to find them"? - we can do just that with AirPods!
Using the app, you can make your AirPods ring once you've done the earlier steps and know they are nearby. Even if you lost only one case, this will work whether you have the case or not.
- Use your iPhone's Find My app.
- On the bottom of the screen, select Devices.
- Look for the AirPods icon.
- Hit the "Play Sound" button.
- Upon receiving chirps from your AirPods, follow them until you locate them.
Find Your AirPods Using the "Find My" app
Find My iPhone does not work for AirPods, rather you can find your AirPods using Find My app:
- Open the Apple Settings app and ensure that Find My is enabled.
- At the top of the page, click your name to access your Apple ID settings.
- Under the Find Me menu, select "Find My".
- The Find My iPhone feature must be enabled either by tapping the slider to green or by turning it on.
- Find My can be accessed by opening the app.
- Scroll down to devices and tap your AirPods.
- Maps will display the location of the AirPods, or the last known location of your AirPods when connected.
Find My AirPods in the Case
By following these simple steps, you can find your AirPods in the case:
- You can locate your phone by opening the "Find my iPhone" app.
- Your paired devices will appear in this app. Click AirPods to select them.
- You should see a green light beside your AirPods.
- Tap on "Play" to start listening to music. Ensure your voice is loud enough to hear it.
- AirPods are now easy to find. Upon tapping the "Car" icon, follow the directions afterward to get there.